Thursday, August 26, 2010

Vampire Scavenger Hunt: My Cemetery Senses are Tingling (Part 3)

"Are we still going to the mall?" I asked as Treasure and I arrived last in the car.

"I don't think we have time." Christy responded. "But if we get to Midway really fast, then we can do some stuff there."

"Like spelling 'vampires rock' in fries." said Jay-spoon.

So, we drove all the way to Midway, through the winding Provo canyon. I let Jay-spoon borrow my necklace for a while, and when he went to give it back ended up throwing it at Treasure's head. Treasure turned around and said, "Where's the pie?"

"Well, we don't have one." I reminded him. "But he can wear the 'I disrespected my captain' sign."

Treasure reached into the manila envelope that contained the shameful sign and handed it to Jay-spoon, who sighed and put it on.

We finally reached Midway and consulted the list of tasks.

"We need to pose in front of a cemetery." Water Fetcher said.

"I'm sure there's a cemetery around here..." Christy said.

"There must be." I reasoned. "Cause people never stop dyin'."

"Thank you, Bandit." Water Fetcher said.

"I can tell there's one nearby." Christy said. "I can feel it. My cemetery senses are tingling..."

"CEMETERY!!!" I yelled pointing at a sign that said 'Midway Cemetery' with an arrow pointing left.

"Woah... Thats just freaky." Treasure said.

"You have cemetery senses!!" Jay-spoon exclaimed.

"I didn't even know!" Christy said, surprised at herself.

We found the cemetery and stood in front of it's steel classic cemetery gate while Water Fetcher took the picture.

"Is there anything else we can do here?" Christy asked.

"Don't we need to find a statue?" Treasure asked in response.

"Yeah, there should be one in a cemetery." Water Fetcher said.

"Okay, you guys walk through and I'll drive to the other side to pick you up." Christy decided, returning to the car.

We all wandered through the graveyard looking for a statue. We found one of an angel praying. "Okay, what do we need to do with the statue?" I asked.

"Someone needs to pose identically next to it, and someone else needs to be acting like a vampire ready to attack." Water Fetcher paraphrased from the list.

I got down on my knees and pretended to pray, while Treasure poised for attack. Water Fetcher took the picture, and we all dove back into the car.

"We need to find a place to get fries." Christy said. "Did you guys see any place like that?"

"There was some grill at a gas station." Treasure said. "They might have fries."

"Lets go check." said Water Fetcher.

We got to the gas station, and I turned around and looked at the license plate on the car behind us!

"VB!!!" I yelled pointing excitedly at the car.

"Really?" Christy said turning around.

"Look! They're even in order!" Treasure said running over to the car.

"Okay Treasure. Pose like a bat." Water Fetcher instructed, pulling out her camera.

Treasure did his best bat impersonation while Water Fetcher documented it.

"Okay, in the gas station we need to get fries, and build a bat cave out of condiments." I said.

"I'll go order fries, and you guys build the bat cave." Water Fetcher said, running into the grill section of the gas station. The rest of went into the regular gas station part.

I found the condiments, Treasure grabbed a paper fry tray and started putting ketchup packets all around it. We built a pretty awesome bat cave, then Water Fetcher came over and took a picture of it.

"Did you order fries?" I asked.

"Yeah, lets go back to the grill place." She said.

We all entered the grill section, but as we went in, we passed the lady working at the counter of the gas station. She had long dark hair.

"Weren't we supposed to get our picture taken with somebody with long dark hair?" Christy whispered to me.

"I thought it was black hair..." I responded. "I can't remember though. We'll have to consult the list after we're done with the fry task."

"So what are you guys doing?" asked one of the ladies at the grill.

"We're doing a vampire scavenger hunt on the way to a cabin." Water Fetcher told them. "We have to spell 'Vampires Rock' with fries."

"That sounds fun!" said the other lady. "Well, we haven't seen anyone else like you guys in here yet. Is it a birthday party or something?"

"No, its our martial arts group." Water Fetcher responded. "We do something like this every year for our Summer camp."

"Thats awesome!" said the first. "Is there anything else we can help you with in your scavenger hunt?"

"I don't think so..." Water Fetcher said, consulting the list. "We're almost out of time, and we only have hard tasks left."

"Like what?" asked the second.

"Like, find a coffin..." Water Fetcher began reading.

"We could go to a mortuary." Treasure suggested. Then looked at Jay-spoon. "Where's your sign?"

He pulled it out of his pocket. "I lost the pin."

"Clip it onto your name label." I suggested.

Jay-spoon signed and clipped it on. "I'm sorry captain! I didn't mean to hit you with Bandit's necklace!"

"Well, somebody had to wear the sign." I said in a reasonable voice.

"Some of those tasks sound hard." one of the clerks said. "How are you getting them done?"

"Well, the ones we have done were a little more easy." Water Fetcher told them. (She had continued reading during the whole exchange with Treasure, Jay-spoon, and I)

We got our fries, then looked at them.

"Woah! These are huge!" Jay-spoon said.

"And hot!" Treasure said recoiling his hand fast after touching one.

"I guess we'll have to break them to spell it." I said.

Christy got a bunch of napkins and laid them on a table, while the two ladies at the front counter watched us with interest.

We began the spelling process, with Christy breaking the fries, Jay-spoon handing them to Treasure, Emma handing them to me, and Water Fetcher watching to make sure it looked good. Treasure was spelling 'Vampires' and I was spelling 'Rock'.

Needless to say, I finished before Treasure, and stared spelling the end of 'vampires'.

"It's not showing up very well..." Water Fetcher pointed out.

"You could put some fry sauce on them." Suggested one of the ladies at the counter. "That would help it to show up on the camera."

"Good idea!" Said Water Fetcher, grabbing a bottle of fry sauce. As soon as Treasure and I finished she began outlining the inside of the fries with the sauce.

"Oh, yeah! Thats much better!" Said the other at the counter.

Water Fetcher took a picture, then we commenced feasting on the fries. They were really good too! Not just salty, but seasoned too.

"That Lady out there had long dark hair." Christy reminded us. "Did the list say long black hair, or long dark hair?"

Water Fetcher consulted the list. "Long dark hair! This could work!"

We crossed into the gas station section of the store to the lady at the front counter. The two working at the grill followed us, showing a great amount of interest in our quest.

Christy explained our situation to her and asked her if she would pose all scary with us for a picture.

"Oh." She said, looking at her fellow employees, "I see how it is. 'There's a scary looking lady over here! Come get your picture taken for your vampire game!'" She was dripping with sarcasm.

"No!" Water Fetcher tried to defend, "We just need someone with long dark hair..."

"Uh-huh..." She said sarcastically, while the other two employees giggled behind us.

"Okay, I'll do it!"

We all gathered around and posed in our scariest fasion, while Water Fetcher took the picture. As we left, we could still hear her mumbling about being 'scary looking'. We got back in the car and Jay-spoon said, "Those people were awesome!"

"Yeah, they were almost more interested than us!" I said. "Wait, Jay-spoon. Where's your sign?" His sign was missing again.

"I don't know! I must've lost it!"

"That soon?" Treasure asked.

There was a red sharpie from signing Hiss's shirt (for her birthday) and I grabbed it. "Here Jay-spoon, I'll put it somewhere you won't lose it." I then proceeded to write the whole shameful phrase on his arm. Now he was stuck with it for at least a few days.

"Well, lets head to our destination. I don't want to be late." Christy said.

"Agreed." Treasure said.

"Aye captain!" I said.

We arrived at the resort first, followed by Dancer's team, which was then followed by Laurie's team. We were all showing off our team's painted nails, and swapping stories, and counting down the seconds before Man Cub's team lost half it's points.f

We all cheered when that time arrived and there was no sign of Man Cub's team. "Yeah!! They lost half their points!" Zombie cheered.

"Not yet, according to my clock." Hiss said, raining temporarily on Zombie's parade. But even when Hiss's clock reached the end, there was no sign of Man Cub's team.

"Does someone want to call him and see if he's close?" Chungsanim asked.

"I will." I volunteered. I dialed Man Cub's number. "Hey Man Cub, where are you? You don't know? What...? You're looking at Tiger? Oh... you're cursing at Tiger. Okay, let me give the phone to someone who can tell you where you are." I handed the phone to Kwanjangnim, who eventually got them safely to the rest of the group, then we headed up to the cabin for more fun and adventure.

For those of you playing along at home, we tied for second place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment