Sunday, August 29, 2010

How to Pick a Fight With the Wrong Group of People

At last, we were up at the cabin, home of awesome memories and promise of new ones. Once it got dark, a group of the older kids decided to gather out in a clearing to go stargazing. We all lay down on the ground right next to Man Cub's car and just relaxed and stared at the stars. I was in between Water Fetcher and Hiss. After we had been relaxing for a while, Water Fetcher said, "Oh my gosh! I'm so stressed! With black belt testing, and school... and I'm only going to get more stressed after fall semester starts..."

I cut her short with, "Hey! We're stargazing!"

"I like Bandit's style." Tiger said laughing.

A few more minutes went by, then Water Fetcher again broke the silence by saying, "You know what form I hate?"

"Who cares? We're stargazing." I said.

"Yeah, ma'am, we're stargazing!" Hiss reminded her.

A few more minutes, then I heard Water Fetcher whisper "Oh my gosh..."

"Ma'am..." I said "Are you stressing out again?"

She sat up a little, "How could you tell?"

"Because I can read minds!"

She stared at me skeptically.

"Oh my gosh..." I mimicked.

"Oh... right." Water Fetcher said laying back down. "Sorry."

"Water Fetcher, relax, this isn't the place to stress. We're here to retreat." Man Cub said, sprawled out on the ground

"Yes sir..." Water Fetcher whined.

After a few minutes of different conversation, we heard a twig snap behind us. We all went silent and turned around. More suspenseful silence, then out jumped Treasure and Zombie, yelling and shining flashlights in our eyes.

"Ah! TREASURE" Man Cub yelled covering his eyes, as Treasure tried to blind him. Tiger put him in a headlock as I stole his flashlight and gave him a taste of his own medicine. He screamed and closed his eyes. Then I went to seek revenge on Zombie, who was already being taken down by Tio and Man Cub.

After that whole ordeal was over, we were all full of energy. Fluffy started climbing on Man Cub's car, then Man Cub shoved him off and started climbing up himself. He got to the top, and went into his victory pose, as everyone clapped.

"Wait!" He said, jumping down and getting into his car. He turned on the CD player cranked it up. The song "The Fish" came on. It goes, 'Everybody's doing the fish, yeah, yeah, yeah..." So of course, we all started doing our own rendition of 'the fish' as Man Cub danced on top of his car. Even Treasure was doing the Fish!

After the song was over we all started laughing and messing around loudly.

"Sorry, guys. I had to get that out of my system!" Man Cub said.

"Its okay, sir, I think we all did." I said.

It was then that three men approached from the cabin across the way.

"Hey guys, could you quiet down? We have babies that are trying to sleep." One of them said.

"Oh sorry!"

"Sorry, we'll quiet down."

"We didn't know... sorry!"

No denying it, we were being very loud and we did feel bad.

"Thanks guys." He said, then they started walking away.

"There are a lot of people here! It's the freaking wilderness!" Tio whispered. We all laughed.

The three guys must've thought we were making fun of the because they started coming back. "What did you say??" One of them asked very accusingly.

"Nothing..." Tio faltered, "Have a good night sir."

"What are you guys even doing out here? Do you have a cabin or something?" Another asked angrily.

"Yeah, we have a cabin back there." Man Cub responded.

"Well, can't you guys go party over there or something."

"Yeah, we're headed back there.... goodnight sir." Tio said.

"Come on what did you say?" said the one who couldn't let go. "If I ask nicely will you tell me?"

"He just said that there were a lot of people out here for the wilderness." Man Cub said.

"That really is all he said." I backed him up.

"We're sorry, we didn't know you had babies." Man Cub said.

A few people laughed, which just set these guys off even more.

It was then that they started cussing at us. Man Cub switched the grip on his flashlight, and I knew for a fact that he had at least two knives on his person. At this point, I decided that these people weren't worth my attention and started walking away. Treasure came with me. We were only a short distance away, when we heard them start making threats.

"Look, if you're going to be a *&%$%#$#, I'm going to have you in that mud in 3 seconds!" This was when Treasure and I both started laughing quietly and adding up their odds. First off, these guys were obviously drunk. 3 drunk guys vs 9 martial artists ranging only from 2nd degree black belt to red belt, training for years how to deal with people like them. 3 of us could all share one of them! Second, they were treating us like a bunch of delinquents. We were probably the most respectful group of teenagers they would find. We referred to each other as Ma'am and Sir, for heaven's sake!

Treasure whispered, "You'll have me in the mud in 3 seconds, I'll have you in intensive care in 1."

"They probably chose the worst group of people to pick a fight with!" I laughed.

"Yeah," Treasure said. "A martial arts camp!"

Soon we were all gathered back at the cabin. "Can you believe those guys?" Zombie whispered coming from the trees and joining the circle we had created.

"I'm gonna have you in the mud in 3 seconds!" Tio said, making us all laugh.

"I did feel bad." Man Cub started, "Before they started swearing at us."

"Well... we were being loud..." Hiss said with some guilt.

"Hiss, we said we were sorry, they're the ones who turned it into a huge ordeal." I reasoned.

She nodded, still looking a little guilty.

"There were 9 of us and 3 of them!" Fluffy pointed out, with almost an excited tone of voice.

"There are so many morons in the world." I said.

"Agreed." Tiger said.

"Why are we whispering?" Zombie asked. "Are we still worried about waking up their babies?"

"No." Whispered Treasure. "We're worried about waking up Kwanjangnim!"

At this everyone started laughing.

"Lets see how many years of martial arts training we have between us." Water Fetcher said.

"Man Cub, how many do you have?"

"11 years."

"Treasure?"

"Eight"

"Zombie?"

"Six"

We went around the whole circle.

"So..." Water Fetcher calculated. "Between all of us we have almost 70 years! We don't stand a chance!"

We all started laughing.

A purple belt started walking into the woods.

"Woah, wait! Where are you going?" Man Cub asked, halting him.

"Just to the car to get some stuff, sir." he said.

"Uh... not alone." Man Cub said, following him into the woods. When they came back Man Cub looked upset.

"Did they come to get you sir?" Fluffy asked.

"No." Man Cub said, "But they were blasting music in their cabin."

This news was followed by a series of outcries such as,

"Are you serious?"

"So much for babies..."

"Morons!"

"Do you still feel bad Hiss?"

Then Tiger chimed in, saying "Well guys, think of it this way. In the morning, they won't remember any of this. Plus, they don't know that they picked a fight with the wrong group of people.


No comments:

Post a Comment